Wednesday 8 January 2014

A teens Life with Sensory Processing Disorder [ co effect of Asperger's  [treated]]  

hello my name is Zoe I am 13 years old. I have SPD witch effects my senses. Most people think we have 5 senses but we actually have seven [ or maybe 8 or 9 ] the senses that my SPD effects are Vestibular [ sense of movement ], proprioceptive [ my body], touch, hearing and vision. Let me explain how SPD effects these senses for me. Vestibular I seek out spinning, swinging and fast movement to much I lean In my chair because of this. Proprioceptive. I have no idea where my feet or arms are in space. You might think this makes me clumsy and It does but I do well in things that give me allot of proprioceptive Input I have been the monkey bar queen since I was little all do everyday things like walking down the street take a lot of effort for me.That's why i hate walks mom and dad! touch. I absolutely hate it when People touch me. hearing I here all the noises at once and VERY loud!
vision. lights hurt my eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment